Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Wish I could quit you Marquis

So, for some reason, Indiana traded their staring point guard for a back-up point guard who can't play plus two young guys who haven't done anything in their careers. From Indiana's perspective this makes no sense. Why would they get rid of a guy who dropped 40 in the playoffs and why would Darrell Armstrong want to leave Dallas (it was a sign-and-trade deal involving Armstrong)?

Perhaps the Pacers wanted to appease their newly acquired Marquis Daniels. There seems to be a strong relationship between Darrell and Marquis. "I think Marquis going there certainly was a factor," Glenn Schwartzman, Armstrong's agent said. "But Darrell's decision was about what was best for Darrell and his family." Now I can understand a young guy wanting to play with his mentor, but an old guy following a young buck? I smell a little Brokeback action. It's the only rational explanation I can come up with.

1 Comments:

Blogger SAMO said...

Priceless. However, if you happen to run into Marquis in a dark alley...I would be scared. Also, I found a youtube clip for you, for next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_7whZmtcPA&search=shaquille%20o%27neal

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home